The first upgrade Jesse wanted to do was modifying the fuel line. He and our programmer suspected that the original flow-back design causes the fuel pressure to drop to much on lift, or too much for our use. This may cause some of the lag and unresponsiveness we experienced this season on the track. To fix this we’ll modify the fuel rail and exchange the electronic pressure valve with a mechanical one.
When we took apart the engine we noticed some small cracks in the pistons and very light signs of melting. As we would still like to have more power from the engine this is slightly worrying. To fix this we’ll try to ease the stress on the pistons by lowering the compression rate. As we’ll also make a new version of our injectors we’ll also need to modify the pistons to work with the new injectors.
The block, crank shaft and piston rods was sent to Ville at Kokkolan moottorihiomo. Ville will check the parts and fit new bearings.
I’m sure I’ve forgot something but hopefully Jesse will add more detail on the improvements. Jesse will also show you some very interesting engine simulations based on the new setup 😀
To be continued…
And check out our christmas sale on our shop if you haven’t already.